5.2.10

DOWNLOAD NO.354 - GALAPAGOS DUCK

Galapagos Duck were mostly an ensemble that played and created jazz. But when given the job of making a theme song for the 1987 America's Cup Challenge they certainly put a lot of effort into making a mainsteam pop jingle.

Superduck was an expanded line-up of the original Galapagos members. Barry Leaf did the lead vocals on this track "Challenge '87".

The song is in a zip file with the usual password: http://tommixmusic.blogspot.com/

http://rapidshare.com/files/349843050/duck.zip

2 comments:

  1. Hi!!
    I've been looking for ANYTHING Galapagos duck!!
    This link is no longer valid - are you able to give another link PLEASE!!!??
    My father in law would be so damn impressed. The best cards and snooker music!!
    Thanks
    Johnny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Johnny,

    I came across this site looking for the 1987 America's Cup Challenge theme. My dad (Bill Davies) was/is a huge fan of these guys. He approached the Duck in 87 to write/ produce the 'Challenge 87'. I can remember going to the studio with dad when they were recording this.
    We had this put on disc years ago, if you are still after it for your father-in-law email me mate and I'll burn a copy for you.
    My dad will be chuffed.

    Cheers

    matt@ged.com.au

    ReplyDelete