11.8.09

DOWNLOAD NO.239 - NEW LAMBTON KINDERGARTEN


Ozzie The Music man came across a rare Vista vinyl pressing of an old 1968 single which has the song "An Australian Anthem" on both sides. The song uses the tune of "Waltzing Matilda" but with new lyrics. The paper labels on this particular single are incorrect as they are pasted on the wrong sides.

One side is sung by New Lambton Kindergarten 1st, 2nd and 6th Classes conducted by Mrs Archer with accompaniment by Mrs Baggs. The b-side has the same song by The Iolanthe Ladies' Choir conducted by Mrs Butler.

After cleaning up the track and converting it to CD quality I have passed this song onto New Lambton Public School for their archives as well as leaving it on this blog for all to download. I thank Ozzie for his valuable find and I'm sure many old pupils of the school will too. The current principal of New Lambton Public School and I go a long way back. We first met in 1988 when I did my first teaching list and he was my inspector. Coincidentally, my great grandfather was a coal miner in New Lambton and my grandfather was a pupil at the school in the 1920s.

Here for download is "
An Australian Anthem" by New Lambton Kindergarten 1st, 2nd and 6th Classes.

Click link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/266119069/new_lambton_public_school_kindergarten_1968_-_an_australian_anthem__mono_single_mix_.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment