6.6.09

DOWNLOAD NO.216 - KEVIN JOHNSON

Mark W. from QLD sent me this little promo used to celebrate the Centenary of Aussie Rules Football. It is called "Aussie Rules I Thank You". Thanks Mark!

Kevin Johnson changed the lyrics of his well known 1973 hit "Rock And Roll I Gave You The Best Years Of My Life" to record this rare TV promo.
Kevin was commissioned to perform on the TV campaign.

He has other songs on this blog...please use the search facility to locate them.

If you click the picture above you will note the original 1973 single had backing by the "Cool Bananas" whose main member was Rory O'Donoghue
. Rory played "Thin Arthur" in the now famous "Aunty Jack Show". The Cool Bananas had a successful single called "Been And Gone" which came out on the Albert Label and has been issued infrequently on CD.

The CD single version of
"Aussie Rules I Thank You" ran 3:30 minutes but the TV commercial (this download version) was cut to 2 mins and is in glorious mono...

Another rare item, enjoy!

http://rapidshare.com/files/241660064/Kevin_Johnson_-_Aussie_Rules_I_Thank_You__Promo_.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment